CAREER ALERT! Field Service Technician
Author Lucy Moreira
Mpac Switchback is a manufacturer of packaging equipment, supplying a multitude of industries including food, beverage, and medical fields. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Field Service Technician carries the overall responsibility for technical support of Mpac Switchback equipment during install and commissioning and after SAT.
- Responsible for repairing, modifying, rebuilding and/or debugging Mpac Switchback supplied equipment on-site or at customer’s site. Works according to technical drawings and other specifications.
- Provides on-site start-up and commissioning assistance for automated packaging machinery provided/sold by Mpac Switchback.
- Upon customer’s request or as required by the circumstances of a particular job, provides advice to the customer’s personnel on technical issues related to their Mpac Switchback equipment.
- Performs debugging /assembly/wiring activities, on the floor, as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Supports the preparation of machine manuals and other related documentation.
- Maintains a constant state of readiness and is able to travel on short notice.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and in written report format.
- Post-secondary education in mechanical and/or electrical field.
- Must be able to fluently read mechanical assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques, root cause analysis is an asset.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on A-B Control Logix PLCs
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on servo motion controls.
- Experience programming servos is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Robots and Robotic applications.
- 5+ years’ installing and maintaining machines.
- Includes 80% travel. Must be able to travel on short notice.
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE TO: email@example.com