Here we grow again!
Author Lucy Moreira
Mpac Switchback is a manufacturer of packaging equipment, supplying a multitude of industries including food, beverage, and medical fields. We are currently located in Richfield, however are moving to our new location in Garfield Heights this summer.
We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Specialist to join our growing team!
- Collaborates with other departments to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience in related field required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org